Aviston has many areas and pavilions to host a reunion or picnic.
Call the village hall to book a pavilion for your event.
Aviston Community Park also has numerous teams/clubs that you could watch, play on or possibly join.
Aviston Community Park District –The Aviston Community Park is guaranteed to be one of the best community parks in Southwestern Illinois. The park features many items listed below. The park was created in 1967 and first became a taxed district in 2004.
* Over 40 acres of land
* 2 lighting ball diamonds (baseball and softball)
* 2 large outdoor pavilions for community use or gatherings
* (Call the village on office hours to rent)
* 2 lighted tennis courts
* Playground equipment and swings
* 2 concession stands
* Open areas to play
* Picnic benches to read and enjoy the shade
* Wonderful lighted walking path
** 2 soccer fields (under construction)
The Aviston Park Board maintains the park. They meet the last Monday of each month
Below is a list of some of the teams that play at our parks.
*21 league pennants
*11 playoff championships (1960, 1961, 1975, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, & 2008).
*10 regular season championships (1960, 1978, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 2001, 2002, 2006, & 2007)
*The first game is the Sunday after Mother’s Day.
**This team is in the very competitive Clinton County Baseball League. The team plays on some Wednesdays and every Sunday throughout the summer months.
Aviston Aces Win the 2008 CCL Playoff Title-With playoff victories over Trenton and Breese in the first two rounds of the 2008 Clinton County League baseball playoffs, the Aces met up with Centralia again in the best -of-three championship series. The Aces won game one in Centralia 6-4 and game two in Aviston with a 3-2 final. The Aces tied a record with their 4th consecutive championship.
- Aviston Youth Programs include soccer, baseball, softball, and football.
Aviston Youth League Chairman-Robert Auer (Baseball/Softball)
- Adult Softball League and Teams–The Wednesday Night League has been a fixture at the Aviston Park for years. Aviston also has many competitive women’s teams that play on Thursday and men’s teams that play on Friday. Contact Jason Von Hatten for more information.
- Clinton County Basketball League-Many local establishments sponsor clubs in this Sunday league during the winter months. The league plays at local high schools.
- To Book A Ball Diamond email email@example.com or call 228-9781
- Aviston Elementary baseball, basketball, softball, volleyball, and cheerleading.
- Aviston Express Senior Legion Baseball
Composed of the best young baseball talent in the area, this team competes against other teams from around the country and its members are 19 years old or younger. Post 1239 is in the 23rd Illinois American Legion District.
2006 Express | 39-5 (23rd West District Champions & 5th Division Runner-up)
2005 Express | 28-11(23rd West District Champions & 5th Division Runner-up)
2004 Express | 225-7 (2004 College World Series Sr. Legion Tournament Champions)
- Aviston Aces Baseball Team
15 League Championships since 1992 & 20 in the their long history that dates back to 1945.
Aviston Aces Win the 2007 CCL Regular Season and Playoff Title-The Aces won their 10th CCL regular season championship pennant with their victory over Trenton and their 10th playoff championship with a 2-0 sweep of Beckemeyer in the championship series
2006 Clinton County League Regular Season & Playoff Champions (14-4)
The Aces repeated as the 2006 CCL playoff champions on Sept. 3rd at Centralia’s Fairview Park. The Aces defeated Centralia 8-5 in game one at Aviston. In game two the Aces won 5-2 while Roger Freeze was named the playoff MVP.
2005 Clinton County League Playoff Champions
The Aviston Aces claimed the 2005 CCL Championship on Sunday, August 28th at Aviston Comm. Park. The Aviston Aces defeated Bartelso in game 1 of the championship series 2-1. They then lost game 2, 6-5 at Bartelso. Game three ended with a 2-0 victory as Josh Lane threw a shutout and picked up the play-off MVP award.